I LOVE DESK

I am the sort of person who appreciates it when things look good. When chosing a restaurant I will sometimes chose a good looking restaurant over a good tasting restaurant. I appreciate ambiance. I like things to look neat and I have been known to schiz out if my space isn't working for me. I know this may seem strange for some of you, who have witnessed my "space" in all states of disarray. It's true I can be a mess, but I don't mind "a mess". As long as there is a system. It's got to be a creative space. A pile of clothes can be a creative space (H&M flashback). But when it comes down to taking care of business. I want the best workspace around. I feel like I have finally attained it. I LOVE my workspace.

Although I am currently unhappy with my living arrangements. (in my parents house, in the bedroom I grew out of in grade 7) I have managed to create a useable space to do work, or whatever it is I do.
The highlights of this space are: my desk, which is a 5 foot long table which extends to be about 7.5 feet long. I got my desk when Caban on Granville went out of business. It used to be a display table where sweaters once sat. It's lower than your average kitchen table but I love the length. I love spreading out and seeing everything I'm doing at once. I'm pretty sure I paid $10 for the table, and I had to strap it to the top of my car quite precariously and go to class that evening. It poured rain all during class and I wasn't sure how my $10 table would turn out. But you'd never know it, it looks fine. It's extremely heavy though. (shrugs) The only downside to my workspace is that I have to sit on Justin's drum stool due to the lack of room for a chair.
The other highlights of my workspace are my IKEA floating shelves which happen to be the exact colour of the desk. I also like to hide all my things in my Chapters/IKEA storage boxes. I keep some candles on the desk to keep it comfortable. And yah, I keep my red shoes here too, cause I like them too much to keep them in the closet.Anyway... on the first day of Valentine I knew I loved my desk....

5 Comments:
i thought this picture of sharpies was a found photo online somewhere but then i think i might see those sharpies on your desk...is this true? these are YOUR sharpies? i'm so jealous. i want that many.
I LOVE my Sharpies, I probably should have saved them for a separate post. But they make the love of my desk complete.
i love those shoes! are you kidding me? when did those appear in your life? AND can i borrow them when i come home?
i am with bec. i thought FOR SURE that was a flickr photo of the sharpies, but nooo its real. i am shocked, and yes you should have saved that for a seperate post! haha.
i will post some love too..this is a great idea...
I saw a pack of sharpies yesterday, and almost bought them. Not because I need them, but because they looked so cool on your desk.
Post a Comment
<< Home